Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Songs of the Heart

There is power in music. It can move the sould and bring the spirit. It delivers messages to the heart.

Some of the most powerful music on earth is music written about Jesus Christ the Savior and Redeemer of mankind.

I think I have gotten carried away posting music about the Savior from youtube and I am going to continue to do so unashamedly and without apology. For anything that brings us closer to the Savior is good. Anything that uplifts the heart and enlarges the soul is good. Anything that keeps Him in our hearts and minds is good.

 Remember the Lord has said:

Doctrine and Covenants 25:12

12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

Here are some more scriptures about the power of songs.

Psalms 28:7

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
  • Ephesians 5:19

    19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

    Colossians 3:16

    16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
  • Alma 5:26

    26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

  • I hope you enjoy the music as much as I do.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment