Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jesus IS The Christ

(Note: This post subject to change as I am able to more accurately convey my feelings with words.)

For several years now I have been hungry and thirsty. I have spent a great deal of time studying, learning and praying about spiritual things. I have read blogs, books, the scriptures. Always gaining understanding by the Spirit. In all of this I have come to one inescapable conclusion. JESUS IS THE CHRIST! The son of the living God. It is something I feel should have been distilled into me years ago. However, somewhere deep in my soul I know it is true.

He is the Christ. He lives. He loves us. He has redeemed us and we are nothing without Him.

In all I have been reading, studying and pondering the point always comes back to Christ, His life and His teachings. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We simply need to accept His offering for us and follow him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light for when I think on these things I feel a lightness in my soul, peace fills my heart and the love I feel is real.

It is now to become my earnest endeavor to work towards becoming like him. I am a weak individual. I have no strength of my own so I must rely on Him. It is not as easy as it sounds but whatever is going on in my life, I know this is the road to follow.

It has become increasingly apparent to me over the last several weeks as everything I have read and discussed with friends has come back to follow Christ, become like Him.

It is one of my dearest desires to see Him. To walk with Him and talk with Him as others have done. I spend a large quantity of time thinking about it. Now I need to spend a large quantity of time acting on it. Doing as he would have done.

I know where to go to continue to understand His ways. To learn the truths he taught. To become one with Him and to know him. Seeing Christ, learning of Him, becoming like Him is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. 1+
    (Since I don't see a way to 1+ this in any other way.)

    ReplyDelete