Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Receiving Christ

(Excerpt from a conversation with a friend)

"Gifts of the Spirit: mighty miracles, seeing angels (not just sensing they are there), etc. What do I lack? What is keeping me from believing? What sin? What error?

These are the words of a song by Jeff Goodrich that I often have going through my mind. I find them inspiring and uplifting.  "You can believe in Christ. You can receive the Christ. Walk in the joy of Christ and glory in His light. You can embrace the word until you face the word. Come and believe, come and receive Jesus Christ."

Which leads to these thoughts. What does it mean to believe in Christ? Or even believe Christ? What does it mean to receive Him? What is His joy? What is His light? How do we believe and receive Jesus Christ? Where do we find the answers to these questions? Then what do we do once we have the answers? (The answer to the last questions seems obvious.)

Answer these questions and act on them and I see miracles happening. Do you think His joy and/or His light may have something to do with serving our fellow man? Would we see mighty miracles and Gifts of the Spirit more abundantly if we served more abundantly? Is there more we should or must do?

Now 2 Nephi 25: 26 comes to mind. When I go and look at it I see there is more before and after but verse 26 is the most important.

23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

24 And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.

25 For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.

26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

27 Wherefore, we speak concerning the law that our children may know the deadness of the law; and they, by knowing the deadness of the law, may look forward unto that life which is in Christ, and know for what end the law was given. And after the law is fulfilled in Christ, that they need not harden their hearts against him when the law ought to be done away.

We must come to a knowledge of Christ. The most sure way to get that knowledge is to desire, act and live in such a way that you can see Him in person as one man speaketh with another.



I Come To The Garden Alone

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain:
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Refrain:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.           

1 comment: